Blogospherical Resurrection & Blaugust

Zyngor | Friday, August 01, 2014
Well, well. It's been awhile, hasn't it? Sure, this blog has sat unattended for several years, but it's really a drop in the bucket considering how long blogging has been around. I'm pretty sure the dinosaurs were avid bloggers, competing only with the dial-up that eventually lagged them into extinction. Plus, I think it would be cute seeing a T-Rex attempting to use a keyboard. *flails minuscule arms about* 

Anywho, thanks to the good people over at Contains Moderate Peril, I saw a mention of this "Blaugust" event running through the month of August. This ambitious project, the brainchild of Belghast over at the Tales of the Aggronaut (with inspiration from his wife), involves creating a daily blog post for the entirety of August.

Though it may initially seem easy enough to toot out thirty-one thought explosions, the problem may arise down the road where you wake up and just go, "Nope." Sometimes the tank is just empty, and those letters don't come flying out on the screen as you'd like. In this respect, I'll try and take on the challenge, but I can't guarantee I'll even make it past the first day. However, I feel like this challenge has already done wonders for many bloggers (like myself) who have been given the chance to dust off their old blogging workstation and try to reboot one of their creative outlets.

I don't really have a set plan in terms of content for the month, as I just decided an hour or so ago to pull up my old blog and see where it goes from there. As the title may suggest, I am a gamer (of the PC variety), albeit not the competitive type. With my current financial standings, I am a bit limited at this time on the number of titles I play. My current preference is probably toward the F2P MMO market, with Lord of the Rings Online (or LOTRO) being my "main" MMO.

Anyways, I guess I'll wrap this one up...I've already made it through the first, and possibly toughest, of the 3.2%! As I said, I'll try my hardest to see what I can come up with this month...my schedule can be a bit sporadic, and the same can be said with my mind these days. I do recommend you check out Belghast's post about Blaugust, and give it a whirl yourself! It seems pretty low-pressure, and it'll at least get your foot in the door, should you decide to continue the challenge for the whole month (and beyond!). Head over to the Blaugust Initiative Page to join on up.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back :) *I* definitely want to see you publish more this month, for what its worth!

    ReplyDelete