I'm a man of many words...

Mike | Tuesday, April 21, 2009
I'm just too lazy to say them.

Or am I? Perhaps it's not that I'm lazy, perhaps I don't want failure to be an option. I don't want rejection to kick me back.

I know the kind of response to this. Something along the lines of, "Well, you'll never know if you'd be rejected if you don't apply yourself." I guess I see the other side of this: "Well, I don't know if I'd want to apply myself if I don't know about the chance to be rejected." Actually, what I said may have just contradicted myself, but I'm not in the mood to go back and think on that. I'm essentially an optimist, but every optimist is allowed to have their pessimism, am I right?

It's coming down to about a month left of college. I'm kinda freaked out on what I'll do once I leave. But is this making me do anything about it? No, not really. "Freelance," is essentially my only reply when asked the now-infamous question on my post-graduate plans. I wish I had a better response. I should have applied myself more. I knew this was coming, but I did nothing to stop it. Instead, I let things slide, I went laid-back, and now I'm writing blog posts that start too many of my sentences with "I" - not a good sign, especially for a professional writer, eh?

One of my options is doing something so grand that I can skip some of the basic steps which I should have done earlier, and go straight to doing something I enjoy doing, while making a decent living out of it. However, I don't mind dealing with less - college has certainly expanded my abilities to be resourceful. Wait, if I'm resourceful, shouldn't I already have something lined up for me? It's like I don't mind being resourceful, but only to make my immediate life a little easier. I should probably work on that one. Yeh, I have a whole month to do it. Womp.

So what's a pleasant gamer to do? Beside playing various titles over at Armor Games and started back up a bit with some Titan Quest, I can only sit here and hope I'll be able to survive in this apparent harsh world some call reality.

Hey, maybe they'll have cookies. That would be nice.

The *pitter patter* of the rain outside is rather soothing. You think the weather is hiring? I could invent a couple new forecast patterns to bring all sorts of interesting encounters.

I'm actually feeling pretty good right now. Let's hope it stays that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment